Monday, October 16, 2017

Me Too


In case you are wondering why "me too"
If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote "Me too" as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.
#metoo
Age 12 on a Navajo reservation. Home and my step-father for years. Teen, my older boyfriend, date rape. College student, a flat mate in a new city. Objectification, husband. Too many inappropriate and unwanted touches to mention. Enough is enough!
It hugely impacted my life; immobilized me and fed my fears when I was younger and distorted my trust when I was older. I'm so thankful for my present relationship and the strength gathered personally to denounce this evil with my sisters globally.
"Keep saying it, because we are fighting not one guy here, but a system that can only be challenged by collective rage, not individual shame."
#metoo #abuseofpower #powerover #harveyweinstein #sexualharassment#widespread

No comments:

Post a Comment