Thursday, January 14, 2016

Fotografía

As a result of tenaciously connecting in the cyberworld when possible with my kids I've began reading the Instagram posts a young travel writer and Executive Editor @Wilderness magazine, Jedediah Jenkins (I don't know if that's his real or pseudonym.) He is poignant, witty and linguistically clever, all of which make me appreciate his photo commentaries sufficiently to take the time to read them in my pitiable shortage of free time.  

"The economics of scarcity: the less of something there is, the more precious it becomes. Time..."

I 'd continue by saying that now time spent with those I love is the most important thing ever.

I wait for those split seconds. 

I save those photos and remember. 
Sometimes they make me sad, really sad instead of happy because they are simply that, 
a photoshoot moment that I insisted on, or a maybe second when we all looked happier than we felt. Still, and this is the important thing, we were together in that second.
And, regardless, I'm grateful for that.

"How wild is a photo? It captures all the light in a moment of time, and lays it flat to stare at. The opposite of life:  it does not move or change. It says look, it was like this once, for a split second, and never will be again."

Ed Sheeran song, Photograph,
We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still.


No comments:

Post a Comment