Sunday, April 6, 2014

High School Prom

Prom!
El baile formal incluye flores, vestido de fiesta, traje de smoking, una cena, y a veces una limosina entre el grupo. Todo a tope. Hay fotos para cada momento, el ponerle las flores a tu invitada, y el ponértelas a ella a ti. Es un momento único -

I woke up this morning dreaming that I was making pancakes and brunch for the kids that stayed over after last night's prom. I remember that I needed to hustle if I was going to get everyone fed as they sleepily came into the kitchen after their late night. Reality hit like a continent-away sized brick.  Tears, of course. Always tears.
Still, I look at the life, vitality and all the good that surrounds this son and I'm ok again. He texted me about the corsage and boutonnière and he chose my favorite color. Aren't they lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment