Friday, February 28, 2014

Frost, Outdoor's Belated Valentine

I don't know where I found this poem a year ago, but it's so lovely I can't let it slip by another year.
Frost flowers on the window glass,
Hopping chickadees that pass,
Bare old elms that bend and sway,
Pussywillows soft and gray.
Silver clouds across the sky,
Lacy snowflakes flitting by,
Icicles like fringe in line,
That is outdoor's valentine.


Out of a snow cloud, cold and gray,
Something dropped on St. Valentine's Day,
Whirling and twirling and soft and light,
Like wee little letters all dainty and white,
And I guess the sky children were sending down,
This Valentine straight to the children in town.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! This was a really wonderful article.
    Thanks for providing these details.

    Also visit my weblog Playstation Plus Gratuitement

    ReplyDelete